Podcast: Play in new window
On this first episode of the year I get back to my roots with the show’s format.
In this episode I talk about my fantastic experience in Las Vegas at an New Media Expo (NMX). It was incredible to hook up with so many pod casters and content creators. All of the sessions I attended were fantastic. But the good stuff happens in the hallways and at the after parties. It’s when you can shake someone’s hand and talk to someone face-to-face where the friendship is really created.
I even got my picture taken with Leo Laporte and Guy Kawasaki.
It was really cool attending the podcast awards. It was a packed house as Leo Laporte presented the awards. I think even he was just surprised to see the turn out. It’s amazing to see the variety of different podcasts out there. Some of the shows have been running since 2005.
I thought I would bring you an Extended Edition of the show this week with two separate interviews.
The Podcast Answer Man Drops In
My friend Cliff Ravenscraft dropped by the studio via Skype just before I left for Vegas. It was only days before my flight that I recorded this interview. We talk about what to expect on the up coming new media Expo and about his presentation.
You’ll get a lot of insights from the interview as you hear how Cliff has built some of his communities.
Some Interview Highlights
- Why each and every listener is important. (Or Every Customer)
- How Cliff became the man in charge of the Podcasting track for NMX
- How to use Twitter to build a “hungry for your content” following
- And more…
Cliff has built his community one member at a time. Now, he is one of the most sought-after Podcast teachers in the world.
While in Las Vegas a group of podcasters sat around the table with a digital recorder and we recorded a whole episode of the podcast answer man. I am proud to say I was one of them. It was one of my highlights of my trip to Las Vegas.
You can you could check that out at this link: Late Night Podcast
There is one unfortunate thing to do with this interview and it really bug me. I changed the set up of my computer moments before I connected with Cliff on that day I interviewed him. Some static that I had never heard before creeped its ugly head onto the recording. Unfortunately, you’ll hear it in a few places on the interview.
A Podcaster’s Friend
While on the expo floor in Vegas I played reporter. I interviewed Dave Mansueto from the BossJock app. The interview you here on the podcast was recorded entirely on the BossJock app on my iPhone with a handheld microphone by iRig.
Dave and I have been connecting on Twitter ever since Blog World in New York last year in June. We had some time to chat while in Vegas. I really enjoyed hearing about his passion for recording. He himself is a musician, a Quiz Show Host in Pittsburgh and one of the founders of Libsyn. He knows his stuff.
The Resource of The Week
My resource of the beak beak can be none other than the BossJock app itself. It truly can be one of the only apps you need to create your recordings or even your full blown podcast.
Here are some of the features right from their site:
Podcasters, Voiceover Artists, DJs, this is your app. Life without fan noise is good!
- Record a podcast while triggering intros/outros, bumpers and background music all on-the-fly
- Dynamics processing (Compression/Limiting) is applied to the mic and mix for loud, level audio
- Up to 35 audio carts duck and fade behind the mic for dynamic sound and smooth transitions
- Audio is Podcast ready, no need for post production.
- Load carts with audio from your Music Library, Dropbox, Email, Wifi or AudioPaste from other music apps
- Send your recordings out via FTP, Dropbox, Soundcloud, iTunes, Wifi, iTunes Share, AudioCopy and Email
- Encodes to all your favorite formats – mp3, m4a, wav, aiff
- Works with external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers
- Optimized for every iOS device. Perfect for the iPad Mini!
- Turnkey publishing for Podcasters, Audioboo and Soundcloud Producers, Voice Over artists, Audio Bloggers and Mobile Broadcasters
Check out the BossJock app from the App Store
Sign up for free updates
No Spam Guarantee