How To Add A Blog Broadcast Email Using Aweber
I talked quite a bit about auto-responders in episode 002 and here is another example of why an auto-responder is so important to have for your business. In this tutorial I am going to show you how to have people who have signed up for you list on your website or Facebook Page get automatically notified whenever you make a new post.
The Benefits Of A Blog Broadcast Email
- Keep your email list up-to-date.
- Get more traffic to your site.
- Continue to build a community with your members.
Here is what you need to have in place to get the most of this tutorial:
- A website/blog where you make posts regularly.
- An Aweber account. (Affiliate Link)
- A sign up form on your site.
- An auto-responder list set up.
- People who have signed up for your newsletter or updates.
My brand new website www.TheLocalMethod.com
is about helping local businesses and professionals become market leaders in their communities. I wanted a way to keep members of the community, who sign up for my email list, up-to-date with new podcast episodes and blog posts as I post them. I knew there was a way. So I did a little searching on the Aweber FAQ’s
and found the answer. It’s not hard to set up at all but there are a couple of points to be aware of.
How To Do It
The video above explains it from Head to Toe. However, here is an outline of what you need to do.
- Open Aweber and select your list.
- Select Messages.
- Select Blog Broadcast.
- Open another browser window on the website/blog you want to create a “Blog Broadcast Email” for.
- Get your RSS feed address by selecting the RSS feed icon and copying the address.
- Make sure the address is in this format: http://website.com/feed/ (Not feed://website.com/feed/).
- Copy the address and paste it into the RSS Feed URL box.
- Select the Basic Plain Template.
- Select Time to broadcast. (Early morning is good).
You should be good to go. Now everytime you make a new post or publish a new podcast, the people on your email list will get notified via email. It’s a great way to keep your fantastic content in front of your audience.
Should you have any questions regarding Blog Broadcast Emails, found the video of value or if you have some tips of your own leave a comment below.
Sign up for free updates
No Spam Guarantee